Tuesday, March 6, 2012

WineS

I fell in love with all the craft projects that have a solution for all my wine corks!!  So I decided to use them on a giant initial.  I think I had about 80 wine works, which I had saved for the last four years.  Naturally, I felt this would be no sweat....WRONG.  I ran out of corks.  So, if you are OCD like me you can order these online.  I got 200 for $40 which I know I will use the rest in other projects.  These are not used, so they will be wider then your used corks and some will not have a label on them.  If you are a patient soul and the blank letter does not bother you, then you can add this as you drink.  I honestly love the end result and the entire project was super easy.

Here is what you need:
A giant letter (I used one of the paper letters because it was much cheaper and easier to find)
Paint
Brush
Glue gun
Wine corks



Paint the sides and front of the letter with the paint color of your choice.  I initially laid out my corks to see how many I would need.  You can also just lay this out as you go.  I kept my corks pretty close together, you can space this out more and you could probably less corks.  Simply put a thin layer of super glue on one bottom of the cork and clue to the letter.

And here is the final result.

Get to drinking and make sure you host those wine parties and keep the corks! 

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment