Thursday, January 19, 2012

Valentines Day Ribbon Wreath

I saw this amazing ribbon wreath on Pinterest and decided I had to give it a try just because I have an obsession with ribbon.  I did a Valentines day themed wreath, but this would be so cute for a little girls room and adding their name to it.
Here is what you will need.
- A ton of ribbon.  Pick any color and size that you would like.  I even used some wire ribbon.  You will probably need about 7-9 spools of ribbon.
- A straw wreath.  I had trouble finding this, but Michaels had a ton of them.
- A glue gun and glue sticks.

1) Start off by cutting the ribbon into 4.5" long pieces. 

2) Then glue the pieces into circles with hot glue.  In the picture you can see that I did loops, but while I was creating the wreath, I found it easier to work with circles.
3)  I wrapped my wreath in red ribbon before I started gluing the individual circles, but this is not a must.  I would go ahead a tie a piece of ribbon on the top to use as a hanger.  Then start gluing on the circles.  By using all of this pretty ribbon, there is no way it is going to look bad.  I used the wider ribbon first and then filled in the spaces with the other ribbon.
And your done.  I added some cute glitter hearts to it that I picked up at the dollar store.
This was probably one of the more expensive wreaths I have done.  I got all the ribbon half off at Hobby Lobby, so the total cost was about $45, but it is pretty darn cute I have to admit.  Happy ribbon wreath making!

No comments:

Post a Comment