Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hearts With Love

I am working on an easy Valentines Day gift for some of my girlfriends, so I wanted to share the first part of the gift.

These are so easy to make and very inexpensive.
1 Box of Crayons
X-Acto Knife
Cutting Board
Heart Mold
Metal mallet
Ziploc Bag

I used an X-acto knife to remove the paper from the crayons on top of a cutting board.
I have seen this where people used a knife to break up the crayons, but a metal mallet and a ziploc bag was a heck of a lot easier.
Then you sprinkle the broken up crayon in a heart mold.  I found mine at JoAnn's for $5.
And finally put the mold on a cookie sheet and bake at 225 until melted.
Let them cool completely and just pop them out.  You can use either side of the heart.
A little hint to what this will be used for in my Super Chic Valentines Day Gift, a magnet. 

Total cost:  $8.00 (which includes the cost of the mold)




No comments:

Post a Comment