Monday, April 9, 2012

Not Your Mom's Edamame

I saw this wonderful recipe on Pinterest Garlic Parmesan Edamame.  I am a little bit of a lazy cook, so I did a little bit of my own spin on this, oh and what I have on hand dictates it all.

1 Bag of Frozen Microwave Edamame
Pecorino Romano Cheese
Minced Garlic
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Red Pepper Flakes



I steamed the Edamame in the microwave for 4 minutes.

While the microwave was working its magic reminding me that I do not hate how large it is and how much I would rather have a awesome cooking vent, I heated up the olive oil and garlic in a saute pan.  Pour in the edamame and cook for about 2 minutes.  Top with pepper and your grated pecorino, then serve it up! 

I will say this, the pecorino is pretty salt so keep that in mind if you buy the Edamame with the sea salt.  But if you love salt like I do, you won't even notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment